Inconceivable!

A place to muse, to write, to laugh and perchance to dream . . . just kidding. Here's your portal to the world as you *should* know it.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sound Advice

Here's some really stellar advice from eat, pray, love's author, Elizabeth Gilbert's mother:

Please do me this great service and please do me this great favor and please do yourself this great favor. And try to remember, 10 years from now, when you're second guessing this decision that you made, that you made the very best decision that you could make on this day with the information that you had today. As the years go by, you'll have more information and you might wish that you had done things differently. But just don't forget that on the day that you had to make the choice you didn't know and you only knew what you have now. Don't abuse yourself later for what you didn't know now.

I think of how hard women are on ourselves. This does deserve "in particular" qualification-- don't get me wrong, I know some guys who are pretty hard on themselves, as well-- but I find a particular brand of "not enough-ness" with my girls who are fabulous and wonderful and great in so many incredible ways that we will simply refuse to own. So please take the time to read it, remember it, and use it. Don't abuse yourself for what you didn't know now.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is incredible advice and one of the reasons i'm glad we are friends - you continue to feed me balanced feedback, constructive criticism and sisterly love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home