Inconceivable!

A place to muse, to write, to laugh and perchance to dream . . . just kidding. Here's your portal to the world as you *should* know it.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Let Us Now Praise Famous iPhones

My iPhone: 

I really love it!  Finding apps is so much fun... I've never ever been a techie or someone interested in things like this. I have three pages of apps and they rawk. My most used:

  1. Facebook.  DUH.
  2. Citibank:  Why don't all banks have iPhone apps?  It's perfection.
  3. NYT Crosswords:  $9.99 but well worth it.  Unlimited access to puzzles, and it has to "unlock" to tell you the result.  The unlock is 24 hours after download, so it's just like doing the puzzles in the paper.
  4. Wiki Tap:  just type in what you're looking for and you get instant info.
  5. Flixter:  Movie listings in a flash.
I also have a lot of restaurant-related apps, and I'm glad OpenTable has one.  I just trashed a bunch of cocktail-related apps and kept one: Drunk-Dial, which is most logical and usable.  I like Sit or Squat, which found a nice clean bathroom for me three times while I was on the road last month.  And my new MidomiUltra app is the best:   hold your iPhone up to a music source and it tells you the artist & song.  That is truly amazing.

I haven't been listening to music as much, either... I listen to Rachel Maddow on the way to and from work; I also check out the Lost podcast.  I heard there's a Breaking Bad podcast, as well, and I'm thinking I should check that out.  I like the podcasts, but I wonder when I'm supposed to have the time to listen to them, especially now that I don't have the long drives to and from Brownland.  I don't spend all that much time in the car... I think I should start taking walks and listening to them.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home